Wester Ross Area - Paul Billany Digital Media

Hamlet of Milltown, Applecross with Isle of Skye on horizon

The Applecross peninsula (Scottish Gaelic: A' Chomraich, 'The Sanctuary') is a peninsula in Wester Ross, Highland, on the north west coast of Scotland. The name Applecross is at least 1300 years old and is not used locally to refer to the 19th century village (which is correctly called 'Shore Street', or simply 'The Street') with the Applecross Inn, lying on the small Applecross Bay, facing the Inner Sound, on the opposite side of which lies the Inner Hebridean island of Raasay. The village of Applecross was established by St. Moalrubha, in the 7th century. A sculptured stone is the only relic of St. Moalrubha remaining, who built a chapel there.[

ApplecrossApplecross PeninsulaGairlochIsle of SkyeNorth West coast of ScotlandTorridon